Our mission is to create an environment where our members can thrive and deliver on their social purpose. We seek to give greater voice to smaller NGOs beyond their national borders, including NGOs from developing countries and countries with economies in transition. Through our work we seek to contribute towards ensuring best practice and supporting international cooperation.
To do this we performs the following main tasks:
- facilitating international dialogue within the sector;
- raising awareness among policy makers and the public;
- collecting, analyzing and circulating data on safeguarding;
- providing our members with assistance and expertise;
- organizing international conferences and symposia as a foundation for the advancement of knowledge the sharing of international experience.
Operating across all sectors, and geographies, we support stakeholders to shape national frameworks on safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. We work with local, regional and national organisations of all sizes and in various sectors, to promote effective safeguarding policy and practice. We also welcome professionals working in a consultancy or ‘expert’ capacity outside of institutional contexts. Each year we host the International Safeguarding Conference where delegates discuss, exchange and share best practices.
The organisations vision is the advancement of healthy, safe communities where all individuals have the opportunity to achieve their potential and contribute to their own and their communities well-being.
We put our members at the heart of everything we do, working in collaboration to deliver our shared objectives.
Our strategic focus
At the heart of our work, we focus on
- being the leading international voice in the safeguarding sector
- embedding a culture of international collaboration between stakeholders
- ensuring our offer is clear, relevant and valued by our members
To share your questions or thoughts, please get in touch